Using the Archer III in Windows Vista 32 bit version*
1. Install the Archer III as normal into FS2004 (F9).
2. Prior to launching FS2004 and running the Archer III, please do the following:
A. Locate the Folder for the Garmin GNS430 Trainer (this should be C:/Program Files/Garmin). Change the permissions for this folder and its contents to allow for "Full Control"
B. Locate the Folder for FS9 (this should be under C:/Program Files/Flight Simulator 9. Change the permissions for this folder and its contents to allow for "Full Control"
How to change Permissions:
- Right-click the file or folder and select Properties.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Click Advanced in the lower right.
- In the Advanced Security Settings window that pops up, click on the Owner tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click Other users or groups.
- Click Advanced in the lower left corner.
- Click Find Now.
- Scroll through the results and double-click on your current user account.
- Click OK to all of the remaining windows except the first Properties window.
- Select your user account from the list up top and click Edit.
- Select your user account from the list up top again and then in the pane below, check Full control under Allow.
- You will get a security warning, click Yes.
|*The Garmin GNS430 Trainer, which is required for operation of the GNS430 in the Archer III is incompatible with Windows Vista 64 bit, and will not operate.